Diploma in Theology
The Diploma in Theology (DTh) is a three-year program for people who are called into ministry but may not have an undergraduate degree. It consists of 79 credit hours of work that match the requirements of the Master of Divinity, except for the biblical languages.
The Diploma in Theology is available at all Gateway Seminary campuses and fully online.
Pastor, church planter, missional strategist, director of missions, denominational worker.
Why a DTh at Gateway Seminary?
The DTh shares the degree objectives and coursework of the Master of Divinity with the exception of the biblical languages requirement. Achieving these degree and course objectives is designed to set students who have great ministry experience on a trajectory of lifelong personal, spiritual, and professional growth, regardless of their educational background. It shares the same course objectives as the MDiv:
- Exhibit an introductory graduate-level understanding of the Bible's content, contexts, structure, and message; demonstrate the ability to conduct solid research with a goal of properly applying the Bible to modern life.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the Christian historical, theological, and ethical frameworks commonly held in the believers' church tradition to sustain ministerial leadership to God's glory.
- Affirm God’s calling and explore areas of spiritual formation and self-awareness appropriate for ministry leadership.
- Demonstrate basic comprehension of the theology and theory and develop competence in the practice of pastoral care, counseling, proclamation, and worship leadership.
- Understand theory and develop practical skills to be effective in communicating and living the Gospel in ecclesiological, missional, and intercultural contexts.
- Demonstrate comprehension of effective leadership principles and Bible teaching skills in Christian education ministries.
High school diploma or GED.