Gateway Seminary shapes leaders who expand God's kingdom around the world.
We shape leaders who are:
- Followers of Jesus
- Connected to other believers and leaders
- Focused on living out their calling
- Missional in character and practice
- Relevant to their ministry context
Essential Leadership Competencies
The faculty, staff and administration of Gateway work together through the Seminary's curriculum and co-curricular activities to shape leaders by encouraging and promoting personal, spiritual and professional growth in the following arenas:
- Self-Aware - Performs ministry with an awareness of personal calling, gifting, and theological reflection.
- Biblically Literate - Faithfully interprets and applies the Bible.
- Historically Grounded - Ministers out of an historical awareness of the faith and its expressions.
- Theologically Grounded - Ministers based on theological convictions expressive of evangelical thought.
- Ethically Grounded - Grasps evangelical convictions to confront moral issues.
- Apt Teacher - Teaches using approaches that are biblically and educationally appropriate.
- Educational Leader - Prepares programs and personnel to provide for the teaching ministry of the church.
- Financial Manager - Manages personal and ministry finances well.
- Strategic Planner - Leads others in planning and execution of plans with foresight and flexibility.
- Worship Planner/Leader - Engages in and leads worship that is biblical and meaningful.
- Disciple Maker - Able to practice and teach spiritual disciplines for life-long spiritual growth and health.
- Communicator - Communicates the biblical message clearly.
- Pastoral Leader - Ministers in the context of a relationship with God, self and others.
- Counselor - Counsels others out of a personal faith, compassion, and theological reflection.
- Missionally Committed - Develops mission strategy based on biblical, historical, and contemporary principles of missions.
- Culturally Intelligent - Exegetes culture and worldview of a people group with application to life and the contextualization of the gospel.
- Personal Evangelist - Communicates the gospel clearly and persuasively.
- Relational Leader - Manages ministry and personal relationships well.