Who We Are
Gateway Seminary operates a system of five campuses situated near urban cities of the western region of the United States. We are a theological graduate school that educates men and women to take the Gospel to the nations. Known as one of the most multicultural seminaries in the world, Gateway Seminary’s diversity enables it to equip and challenge students to more effective ministry leadership in the 21st century.
Gateway Seminary of the Southern Baptist Convention is hosting a comprehensive evaluation visit for reaffirmation of accreditation by the ATS Commission on Accrediting on March 22-25, 2021. The purpose of this visit is to verify that the school meets all applicable Commission Standards of Accreditation. Comments regarding how well the school meets those standards and/or generally demonstrates educational quality may be sent to the ATS Director of Commission Information Services at least two weeks before the visit. Comments may also or instead be sent in writing to the Vice President of Academic Services (email: ; 909.687.1601). All comments will be shared with the onsite evaluation committee.
Where We Are
GATEWAY SEMINARY CAMPUS LOCATIONS
WE OPERATE FIVE REGIONAL CAMPUSES THROUGHOUT THE WEST
- Los Angeles Campus in Ontario, California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
- San Francisco Campus in Fremont, California (San Francisco Bay Area)
- Arizona Campus in Scottsdale, Arizona (Phoenix Metropolitan Area)
- Pacific Northwest Campus in Vancouver, Washington (Portland Area)
- Rocky Mountain Campus in Centennial, Colorado (Denver Metropolitan Area)
- Gateway Seminary is one of the 10 largest seminaries in the United States.
- We are a seminary system, consisting of five fully accredited campuses.
- Established in 1944 in Oakland, California, by Isam Hodges, pastor of Golden Gate Baptist Church; we became an agency of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1950.
- Founded as Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, the Seminary has conferred degrees on more than 8,000 graduates.
- We celebrated our 70th year and the 55th year at the Mill Valley, California campus in 2014.
- We moved the main campus in 2016 to Ontario, California and changed the name of the institution to Gateway Seminary.
- 90 percent of all hours taught at the Seminary are taught by faculty holding a doctoral degree
As a Southern Baptist seminary, we teach in accordance with and not contrary to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
Southern Baptists support Gateway Seminary through the Cooperative Program, whose purpose is to fund Southern Baptist Convention ministries by securing, coordinating and apportioning financial offerings from multiple churches.