Students seeking to complete a certificate or just take classes at Gateway can fill out a shorter version of our admissions application.
Requirements for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, OR 25 years old or older and have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Current church membership and potential for leadership in the church.
- Completed Special Student/Certificate Application and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- A letter on church letterhead from a representative of the applicant's church indicating membership status or a completed Church Endorsement Form.
- Two personal recommendations: one from a minister and one from a fellow church member.
- An original, signed Ethical Conduct Standard form.
- TOEFL score (not more than one year old) of at least 550 on paper-based exam or 80 iBT, for students who do not speak English as their first language or do not have a degree from an accredited institution in the United States. An exemption may be granted if the applicant has completed an acceptable degree from an accredited institution where the instruction was in English.
Note: Individuals transferring courses to other institutions must only submit the application form, $50 fee, and an official transcript or a letter from the registrar of the institution in which they are enrolled stating that he/she is a student in good standing.
Deadlines: July 15 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.
Students studying at Gateway are encouraged to work toward the goal of completing a degree program. There are no limitations on the number of units that can be taken as a special student. However, if a special student is admitted to a degree program at a later date, no more than 20 units taken as a special student can be applied toward the degree.