Master of Global Engagement
The Master of Global Engagement (MGE) prepares leaders to engage the world from a biblical worldview in order to accomplish the Great Commission. The program balances classroom instruction, practical training in evangelism and ministry, and hands-on experience in cross-cultural settings. The program includes core courses in theological and biblical studies, ministry foundations, and a deep exploration of Christian global engagement.
The MGE is a 49 credit-hour degree that many students complete in two years.
The MGE focuses on providing practical experience in evangelism and cross-cultural ministry.
The Master of Global Engagement degree program has been an incredibly enriching experience for me that has shaped my understanding of missions and ministry on both an academic and personal level. It has been a privilege to study under professors who bring a wealth of experience and passion for the field, which I believe has inspired many cohorts of students to live for God's Kingdom in radical ways locally and abroad.
- Lani, MGE '20
Being trained and equipped is significant for me and my wife as we answer God's call for overseas missions. The Master of Global Engagement degree program provides in-depth education and training that is biblically sound, culturally relevant, and global-focused for those who are called to go.
- T____, MGE '20
*Identities of students called to sensitive locations are protected.
Why a Master of Global Engagement?
The MGE prepares students to be tent-makers, missionaries, mission pastors, lay mission leaders, evangelism directors, church planters, or community ministry leaders in local churches.
What will I learn?
The MGE will enable students to:
• Exhibit an introductory graduate-level understanding of the Bible's content, contexts, structure, and messages; demonstrate the ability to conduct solid research with a goal of properly interpreting and applying the Bible to modern life.
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the Christian historical and theological frameworks commonly held in the believers' church tradition to sustain ministerial leadership to God's glory.
• Affirm God's calling and explore areas of spiritual formation and self-awareness appropriate for ministry leadership.
• Understand theory and develop practical skills and proficient strategy to be effective in communicating and living the Gospel in ecclesiological, missional, and intercultural contexts.
• Be able to define and converse competently with regard to cultural diversity, change, worldview, multicultural ministry, and worship and religious practices of the world.
For more information about the MGE, use these links to access our Academic Catalog.