Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership is a two-year, 49 credit hour program designed to equip students to become competent leaders in the educational ministries of churches, parachurch organizations, and denominational agencies. The MAEL is fully available at the Los Angeles and San Francisco campuses and online, though Gateway Seminary students at any campus may pursue the MAEL with required supplemental classes at the Los Angeles campus or online.
- Children's Ministry Concentration - Los Angeles Campus
- Family Ministry Concentration - Los Angeles Campus
- Ministry to Women Concentration - Los Angeles Campus
- Youth Ministry Concentration - Los Angeles Campus and Gateway Online
Christian education ministries, small group ministries, and age-specific ministries such as preschool, youth, or college.
Why a MAEL at Gateway Seminary?
Upon completion of the MAEL, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Scripture, theology, hermeneutics, and church history.
- Demonstrate Christlikeness through personal Bible study and interaction within the Christian community.
- Know the theoretical base for Christian educational leadership.
- Demonstrate competence in practical skills for Christian educational leadership. These include effective communication, team building, conflict resolution, evangelism, discipleship, creating and evaluating curriculum, administration, and embracing cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead in Christian educational ministries.
A regionally accredited bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.