EMS Southwest Meeting
Friday, March 17, 2023, 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Evangelical Missiological Society Southwest Meeting 2023
2023 Theme: Educating for Contemporary Mission
The Evangelical Missiological Society (EMS) exists to advance the cause of world evangelization. We do this through study and evaluation of mission concepts and strategies from a biblical perspective with a view to commending sound mission theory and practice to churches, mission agencies, and schools of missionary training around the world. Annually, we hold a National Conference and eight regional meetings throughout the USA and Canada.
- The role of the church, mission organizations, and/or seminaries in mission education and mission training.
- Discussion of vehicles and pathways in mission education and training like orality, music, art, literacy, and so on.
- Exploring the role of education in mission, evangelism, and church planting.
- Contributions from other academic disciplines to education and contemporary mission.
- Educational approaches and under-represented and/or under-utilized global voices and models in mission education.
- Discuss how the global pandemic has shaped education, training, and contemporary mission.
- Exploration of technology and educational models and their impact on learning and discipleship.
- Historical models and educational practices that are beneficial to retrieve for contemporary mission.