Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies
The Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies (MAIS) is a 50 credit-hour degree for students involved in multicultural and multiethnic work either at home or abroad. One of the unique aspects of the MAIS is an extensively researched capstone project. The MAIS is available at the Los Angeles campus.
Bi-vocational ministers, lay leaders in urban ministries, cross-cultural workers, community development staff.
Why a MAIS at Gateway Seminary?
The Master of Intercultural Studies degree will enable students to:
- Gain a biblical, theological, and historical foundation related to Christian ministry and the peoples of the earth.
- Acquire the unique tools necessary for effective ministry in a cross-cultural, multiethnic environment in a domestic or international context.
- Develop leadership skills in multicultural contexts through increased multicultural awareness and communication skills.
- Enhance awareness of issues and develop skills in cross-cultural counseling and pastoral care in a multiethnic, multicultural environment.
- Understand cultural and contextual specifics of human development.
- Prepare students for international and domestic local church ministry and missions through understanding worldview, culture, and the challenges of contextualizing the Gospel.
A regionally accredited bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.