Minister of Worship Arts
Job Summary: The Minister of Worship Arts will oversee the personnel, planning, and execution of the comprehensive Worship Arts Ministries of West Conroe Baptist Church, and coordinate with the Senior Pastor and Technical Manager for the planning and administering of church-wide worship services and special events. This person will also lead a large group of paid staff and volunteers to execute each part of the Worship Arts ministry. This person will serve in cooperation with the other ministers and ministries of the church for support and enhancement.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
• Executive Admin
• Associate of Worship
This person should be a committed Follower of Christ. They must exemplify Christ-like character with the ability to teach, model, and oversee Worship Arts ministry to adults, students, and children. This person must adhere to a high standard of moral conduct as outlined in the personnel handbook of West Conroe Baptist Church. This person must support and model the Mission and Values of West Conroe Baptist Church.
• The Minister of Worship Arts should demonstrate a calling to ministry that has been endorsed through the local church by way of license and ordination.
• They should be proficient in reading music, teaching music, singing, choral and instrumental conducting, leading worship, and should be instrumentally functional on guitar or piano.
• A calling to provide servant leadership that encompasses adults, students, and children
• The ability to clearly cast vision for the Worship Arts Ministry, while aligning it with the overall vision/mission of the church
• The ability to multi-task with regards to seasonal events, and ministerial needs of the church
• A student of music culture and current with all new trends and resources
• A relationship approach to Worship Arts Ministry and a desire to work with other ministry areas within the church to better fulfill the vision of West Conroe Baptist Church
• Gifted teacher and communicator of God’s Word to the members of the Worship Arts Ministry and leadership
• Must have the ability to recruit and equip teams and volunteers for the ministry
• Excellent administrative and organizational skill set
• An understanding of social media, technology, and media is required
• As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, this person will be asked to attend weekly meetings with the Leadership Team and Executive Leadership Team to help with the execution of strategy and communication with the staff. You will be asked to give ideas and feedback regarding church initiatives and communicate all things with your team area(s)
• Provide leadership and direction for both Sunday morning worship services at West Conroe Baptist Church
• Create the weekly worship services of the church with the musical direction and elements of those worship services, under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and coordinating with Technical Manager
• Ensure each worship service is gospel-saturated and is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence
• Maintain vocal and instrumental ensembles, choirs, and an orchestra to incorporate all ages and musical gift sets in service to the Lord through the Worship Arts Ministry
• Plan and lead special celebrations and seasonal presentations
• Direct all weekly rehearsals as necessary and seek to incorporate spiritual formation during these rehearsals
• Develop and dispense an annual budget for the Worship Arts Ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church
• Consistently collaborate with the Technical Manager to improve the quality of West Conroe’s technology and its use in ministry, including all applications such as audio, video, software, lighting, and digital media
• Communicate effectively with worship team volunteers, particularly utilizing the Planning Center Online and WorshiPlanner
• Participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as called upon by the Senior Pastor, giving added attention to those who are connected to the Worship Arts Ministry to care for and shepherd them well
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Seminary Degree or equivalent graduate degree in musical arts required
• Extensive experience in this area can substitute in lieu of the above
• 3-5 years minimal experience in leading music ministry, choirs, orchestra, ensembles, and bands is required
• Prolonged periods of standing and working
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
• Some periods of kneeling, climbing and bending
Minister of Worship Arts