Trinity SBC, is looking for a Worship Leader who is able to lead people into engaging, authentic, God-centered worship that communicates the Gospel message in a format that embraces families and individuals of California's Central Valley.
General Job Responsibilities of Ministerial Staff
1. Be in agreement in both belief and practice with the Statement of Faith of Trinity SBC.
2. Become/Continue as a member of Trinity SBC.
3. Submit to the leadership of the senior pastor of Trinity SBC.
4. Help lead the church and specific ministry assignments with integrity, diligence and passion.
5. Recognize your priorities are first Christ and your family, and then your ministry to Trinity SBC.
6. Commit as a family to attend Sunday worship regularly, participate in a Life Group, tithe, and participate in most major church events/functions at Trinity SBC.
7. Lead volunteers who serve in your ministry.
8. Attend regular meetings (as appropriate) including, but not limited to: weekly rehearsals, meetings with senior pastor, and ministry leader/staff/council meetings.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Worship Leader Job Responsibilities
1. Oversee and lead the musicians
a. Oversee and/or lead worship services (Sundays away can be arranged by the senior pastor after responsibilities are delegated to team members)
b. Lead musicians during regularly scheduled rehearsals
c. Coordinate and schedule all musicians, finding replacements when needed
d. Recruit and develop volunteers
2. Oversee the audio/visual team
a. Provide oversight to the AV team leader as they lead sound, lighting, projection, etc.
b. Work with AV team leader to oversee and maintain AV equipment and stage designs
3. Partner with senior pastor in planning all worship services
a. Worship services including, but not limited to: Sunday worship and seasonal events such as Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.
b. Work with senior pastor to develop creative worship services and introduce new songs that support the message for each service
4. Oversee the administration of the worship ministry
a. Utilize any coordinating web applications (Planning Center Online, Media Shout, etc.)
b. Keep Trinity SBC updated with CCLI and other licenses, music libraries
c. Draft an annual budget for worship ministry to be submitted to the Finance Team when requested
d. Create and build necessary teams to carry out the goals of the worship ministry
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
1. Understands the heart and purpose of worship; it is not a performance
2. Previous experience leading worship in a church setting
3. Ability to read music
4. Good, clear verbal and written communication skills
5. Excellent relational skills
7. Ability to lead and work with diverse personalities and skill levels
8. Project management abilities
9. Knowledge of the use of technology, sound, lighting, computers and video projection in worship