WORSHIP PASTOR PROFILE
First Evangelical Free Church in Wichita, KS, is seeking a full-time worship pastor. First Free is a large church with 1000+ in our weekly attendance. We are committed to the Great Commission, to make disciples of Jesus Christ locally and through cross-cultural missions. We place a high priority on God’s Word and are gospel-centered in all we do. We believe corporate worship is a primary means of making disciples; and are committed to Christ-centered expository preaching and Word-rich congregational singing.
We have a legacy of musical excellence in our worship and are seeking a competent musician to continue this tradition, but also desire a man with the heart of a pastor and a passion to equip others for the work of ministry. We are theologically thoughtful in our approach to worship and liturgy and desire someone eager to engage in collaborative service planning. We also are looking for a man motivated by building relationships with people in the body and on the teams he leads.
• Aspires to the office of a pastor and desires to be a shepherd in the local church.
• Gifted by God as both a musician and a pastor.
• Growing love for God: marked by love for the Word, prayer, and obedience.
• Growing love for the body: marked by unity, service, and submission to the authority of the church.
• Growing love for the lost: marked by prayer for, relationships with, and evangelism of unbelievers.
• Meets the character qualifications for an elder (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9).
• Joyful, humble, and teachable.
• Preferably has 5+ years of experience leading worship in a large church.
• Gifted to lead others to worship God and build up the body through congregational singing.
• Preferably has a BA in vocal or instrumental music or music education.
• Musical training sufficient to facilitate creative collaboration with wide array of musicians and instruments.
• Able to create lead sheets and charts. Able to arrange music or work with those who can arrange music.
• Effective in recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing other musicians to lead in corporate worship.
• Sufficient knowledge of sound systems and computers to lead those responsible for the tech side of our services.
• Skilled in Bible study and able to teach the Bible. Knows and can teach sound doctrine.
• Proven track record of personal disciple making, particularly with those on his worship teams.
• Connects with a broad range of people from different ages and backgrounds.
• Relational, with healthy EQ and strong interpersonal skills.
• Versatile, flexible, and able to adapt to changes.
• Subscribes to our Statement of Faith and willing to pursue credentials within the EFCA.
• Aligns with our Philosophy of Ministry (see Ministry Map and Worship by the Word).
• Plan corporate worship services with the lead pastor, and planning team.
• Lead corporate worship approximately three out of four Sundays.
• Prepare music for vocalists and instrumentalists for mid-week rehearsals.
• Lead mid-week rehearsal and/or help volunteer leader prepare for mid-week rehearsal.
• Ensure that Sunday services are musically excellent and facilitate congregational singing.
• Recruit, train, and mobilize vocalists, instrumentalists, and worship leaders.
• Responsible for adult choir, either leading the choir or leading a choir director.
• Pastor the congregation, primarily through leading worship on Sunday mornings.
• Coordinate and occasionally officiate in the ordinances. Also, give oversight to the deacons responsible for the ordinances.
• Care for and give pastoral oversight to people in the body, especially those who serve within worship ministries. Includes making contacts, visitation, and pastoral counseling as needed.
• Model faithfulness to our membership covenant.
• Attend and participate in staff prayer meetings, team meetings, retreats, and conferences.
• Lead weekly service plan/review meetings.
• Serve on sub-committees as needed.
• Give oversight and direction to paid administrative assistant.
• Assist in the planning and execution of special events or services such as members meetings, seasonal programs, and conferences.
• Plan seasonal services with the planning team such as Good Friday, Easter, and Christmas Eve.
WORSHIP PASTOR PROFILE