Children’s Ministry Director
Chino Valley Community Church
Department: Children’s Ministry
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director (CMD)
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Reporting To: Senior Pastor
Draft Date: March 16, 2021
1) The CMD will provide leadership, development and direction for the Children’s Ministry of CVCC
2) The CMD will create and implement strategies for the expansion and increased impact of the Children’s Ministry of CVCC
3) The CMD will recruit and train staff and volunteer leaders for the growth and strengthening of the Children’s Ministry of CVCC
Please see below for detailed job description.
1. Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a strong commitment to being a disciple of Jesus Christ and making disciples.
2. Honesty: Exhibits honesty, integrity, and Christian ethics. Actions are consistent with profession. Does what is right and speaks truthfully.
3. Commitment to Vision and Purpose: Commit and support the vision of Chino Valley Community Church, and organize ministry strategies and mechanisms around that vision.
4. Love for Children: Clearly exhibits a love for children and a passion for teaching, training and encouraging children for kingdom growth and living.
5. Partnership with parents: Strong desire and ability to connect and partner with parents for the spiritual development and discipline of their children
6. Solution Driven: Creativity to implement innovative programming and ability to figure out solutions for issues encountered in administering ministry.
7. Organizational Skills: Is structured and precise in organization. Ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish goals. Has good time management skills, attends to details and keeps big picture in mind.
Acceptance and commitment to CVCC Statement of Faith is a prerequisite for the hiring of this position.
1. Provide overall vision, strategy and development of all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 4th grade)
2. Lead, train and manage all Children’s Ministry staff
3. Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers for all Children’s Ministry activities including but not limited to:
a. Sunday service programs
b. Wednesday night programs
d. Sports Camp
4. Lead, coordinate and ensure all regularly scheduled Sunday and Wednesday children’s services and programs are implemented
5. Initiate and implement creative and fun children’s event
6. Develop and maintain long term strategic plans in partnership with youth ministry and in alignment with overall CVCC vision.
7. Oversee and administer Children’s Ministry’s budget
8. Oversee and facilitate childcare for adult ministries and church events as necessary
9. Responsible for the selection of curriculums used in all Children’s Ministry environments.
10. Other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in children/family ministry, child development, Christian studies or similar. (Master’s degree desired but not required)
- 5+ Years of experience directing a children’s ministry in a church size comparable to Chino Valley Community Church.
- Commitment to the vision, missions, value and culture of Chino Valley Community Church
- Meets and commits to Biblical leadership qualifications
Compensation: To be discussed during interview. Position is eligible for full benefits.
Approved by: Brian Benson / Victor Wang